Wednesday 31 December 2014

Happy New Year!

I'm not going to lie, life isn't always perfect but I am SO VERY VERY THANKFUL for all the things I have; I am so thankful for having so many very good friends around me, my health and my healthy, happy children.  




I am a great believer in focusing on the good things in life.  You may have noticed, if you are a regular reader of An Ordinary Life? that when I do post my more personal blog posts I try to keep them real but will always focus on the positive.  I do talk of the roller-coaster ride of parenting and home education too, but there is always something positive to be learnt from each day.  There is always a reason to smile, even on the most difficult days as all days are made up of moments.

My heart was filled with warmth recently by many of my readers and my friends.  I felt so blessed to be told how much I am loved - you'll never know how much I needed to hear that recently - so blessed to know that my blog posts are of so much use to others that read them.  I was taken back with how much love there was thrown my way. There is something special about being able to reach out and help others.  You really truly touched my heart.

I am deciding to stay focused on all the positives and making positive decisions in my life.  There is not much point expending energy thinking about all the things that aren't so wonderful in life and missing out on all the good.  There is always something good in a day, especially when there are my four little girls in my world.  I am so blessed to have them in my life and I know they will one day leave the nest so these moments I will treasure.  

In the new year I am looking forward to learning more, playing more and having many more adventures!  I will make no promises that I can't keep but I will work towards 2015 being the best year so far! 



HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!
I hope the new year brings you many blessings, peace and joy!

Here are some of our memories from 2014...













































8 comments:

  1. What a lovely post Lisa.
    I have certainly enjoyed finding and reading your blog this year - its been inspiring <3
    Wishing you and your family a wonderful New Year and hope all the best comes your way in 2015.
    Slainte
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! It made me smile to look back over them Katie! So many great moments x

      Delete
  3. I love the photos especially the expressions on Little H's face. I think I might make my new year's resolution to feel more like that (awed, excited, happy) even if I don't show it as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is a happy little person! Lights up our lives! <3 xx I do hope you have a very happy and exciting year Rebecca xx

      Delete